You can learn how to make almond cookies!
This is one of my favourite recipes to make. It's quick and easy, it will take less than 30mins (including baking time).
I was debating if I should have put the title as crispy or crunch because it's both!
Enjoy the recipe below and let me know what you thought of the cookie!
In the video, the subtitle and the audio doesn't match as well.. Originally I thought I'll do the normal subtitle on the bottom, but I thought, why not add a voice over.
From now on, I'll try and do more voice over and do less of the subtitle.
Please see below for my recipe:
Prep time: 10-20mins
Baking time: 15-30mins
Serves: About 15-30 pieces (depending on size)
90g Flour (plain/all purpose)
40g Sugar (granulated/caster)
3x Egg whites
230g flaked almond
2 tbsp oil (canola/olive/vegetable)
*This amount of ingredients gives me 2 and a half batches to cook in the oven.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
2. Grab your mixing bowl and add the 3 egg whites.
3. Pour the sugar, flour and oil on top of the egg whites.
4. Mix it using a whisk, until the batter becomes smooth
5. Afterwards, add the almond flakes into the batter mix, then put it aside
6. Grab the baking tray and line it with baking paper (foil underneath is optional)
7. Scoop some batter onto the tray
8. Use the spoon to spread out as thin as possible. If it’s too thick, the cookie won’t taste as nice and will be thick. This may take a few tries!
9. Once done, add it into the oven for 15mins or under golden brown. The temperature remains as 180C/350F.
10. Get your cooling rack ready on a table. Once the cookie is ready, take it out of the over.
11. While the cookie is still soft, cut or rip in pieces. If the middle is still white/light brown, put it back into the oven for another 15mins or until it’s golden brown