This is a simple dessert for coconut lovers. It's with 4 ingredients and you can make it within 15 mins. Best of all there's no cutting because everything is in a bag or can.
You can eat this hot or cold. I like my Asian desserts hot because my mum would always server it fresh from the stove. Sweet memories. (^_^)
My mum use to make this dessert with the tapioca zig zag sticks, but I couldn't find it in the Asian markets. I don't like pearls that much, so I found the 3 colours tapioca sticks. Maybe they don't import the zig zag styles anymore.
If you don't want a strong coconut taste, then you can put more milk and less coconut milk. The same goes for the rock sugar, if you like it more sweet, put more rock sugar in. But make sure you do a taste test, so you don't make it too sweet.
Prep time: 1 min (it’s all from the can & packet)
Cook time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 medium bowls
40g Tapioca Jelly, sticks, pearl (can use sago)
400ml Coconut milk
200ml Milk (normal or low fat)
2-3 pieces of Rock Sugar
1. Boil water in a pot, pour tapioca into the pot. Turn the stove to medium heat.
It will take 5mins or more to cook. Take out one tapioca and cut it in half or try and chew on it. Inside and outside should be soft, if it’s not soft, continuing cooking the tapioca.
2. Once tapioca is soft, put the strainer in the sink and run it with cold water. Pout the tapioca into the strainer and rinse
3. With a new pot, pour coconut milk into the pot. Turn the stove to low.
4. Add milk into the pot. (NOTE: make sure you don’t over boil the milk mix, keep on stirring from time to time)
5. Add rock sugar, and taste.
6. Once you’re happy with the sugar taste, add in the tapioca. Mix for a few more minutes and turn off the stove.
7. Serve the mix into bowls.
You can serve hot or put it in the fridge for an hour and serve cold. Enjoy the dessert!