Snack backpack was a trend that started in Korea and then caught the attention of the Japanese school girls.
I don't know if this is still popular or trending because I always find things out when it's not cool anymore.
Oh well, but it doesn't bother me because in my family I always get the hand-me-down items. So everything is cool to me regardless.
Tools you'll need:
- Lots of sticky tape
- Lots of snacks (chips, Pocky, lollies etc)
When you have brought all of the above, now we can start making the backpack.
- Start with the base/bottom of the bag. I chose a hard plastic box for the base because it will hold the 4 sides in place.
Stick the sticky tape on each sides of the box
- Place each chip on the sticky tape of each side to make 4 walls (or the snack item you'll be using to make the sides on your bag)
- Sticky tape the top and sides of the bag
- Once the 4 walls is stable, now you can create the cover/flap on your bag (optional, if you don't want a cover)
- Next put aside the bag and start making the straps. I would recommend using something long and soft like muesli bars or roll ups because it's easier if it's flexible. In my video, I used Kinder Surprise small blocks and when sticky taping it, I put a space in between each block.
Once done, you can create the second strap. If you want to create a messenger style bag, just create one long strap.
- When you've finished the strap, attach it onto the bag
Now you've completed and created you're own snack backpack!
I think this will be great for kids during Halloween. Hope you enjoy making your own snack backpack!
If you do make one, I'll love to see it.
Enjoy the tutorial video below: